Interactive 3D VR Simulation & Modeling Software
FORUM8’s interactive VR-Design Studio* software is deployed by hundreds of research organisations, urban planners, transportation authorities and vehicle manufacturers across all four continents to create fully immersive, realistic models of the built environment.
NEW! 4D VR Design Studio (V14.2) Available Now
VR Design Studio ( aka UC-win/Road ) Ver.14.12 now includes a range of new features including:
Linear Calculations and Spreadsheet Enhancements
Improvements to linear data accessibility, particularly for railway calculations, that can be exported easily to excel
Data calculation accuracy has been improved down to less than millimetre units
The levels of feedback when a vehicle collides with a curb can now be further adjusted. Especially useful for motion platforms when the feedback force of a curb collision could be too strong
Deletion of a vehicle that exits the set limits of the round is now an option
Improvements to Log Outputs
Users can now specify the name of the output log file when saving
Traffic Signal information log output is now possible
Message output from scenarios can now be output in the log file to better understand where in the scenario events are occurring
Floating point numbers: The number of decimal points, in regards to when a real number is output, can now be set. It is now easier to output in the desired format
New support for FBX file output
3D spatial data can now be output in the FBX file format. This enables the 3D data to be efficiently handled with game engines and 3D modeling tools.
Supports 3D shapes, transparent colors, semi-transparent polygon data, and compatibility improvements
Interactive 3D VR simulation and modeling software VR-Design Studio enables users to dynamically manipulate 3D space, run unlimited drive simulation scenarios, import and edit CAD data, build and texture models, and automatically add roads, tunnels and bridges to create multiple design alternatives in real time, both off and online. The completed models provide users with the ability to visualize and intelligently interact with the virtual world they have created, enabling analysis of the potential environmental impact of the proposed development, including on pedestrian and vehicular traffic flows, to facilitate the widest possible stakeholder collaboration during the planning process.
With an extensive range of industry standard 3rd party plugins available, together with access to external data sources including laser-scanning, Lidar and photo-logs, users can quickly create 3D VR environments and run unlimited scenarios and simulations. Within these environments reproducing all types of environmental effects including weather, light, topology and road-surface conditions to create a highly realistic platform for advanced driver and emergency incident response training.
*(VR Design Studio is also known as UC /Win Road in other regions of the world)
Key Features and Functionality
- Drive simulation
- Urban planning and 3D modeling
- Traffic simulation and analysis
- Unlimited scenario production and way-point setting
- Automatic creation of roads, tunnels bridges etc within 3D environments
- Emergency planning and evacuation simulation
- 4D simulation function
- Free large database of 3D models and environments available – buildings, vehicles, people, street furniture etc.
- The ability to import Point Cloud and Photo-log data seamlessly
- Realistic driving conditions including an off-road driving option
- Advanced driving simulation, ADAS and autonomous driving
- Change and control environmental conditions, time of day, smoke/fire particle and geo-location
- Earthquake and seismic analysis as well as flood/tsunami simulation
- Pedestrian simulation, individually or in crowds
- SDK available for customization
- Extensive range of 3rd party software interfaces available
- Available linkage with multiple hardware platforms
A VR Design Studio Trial version is available for users considering purchasing the software.Request a Trial Version